While some amount of humidity is needed to keep the environment inside your home comfortable, excess humidity can be a nuisance for your AC and health. Your AC works actively to keep your home cool, it can’t remove the moisture that comes along at the same time. That’s why investing in a dehumidifier is a great way to eradicate extra moisture within your home during the warmer months. At Beltz Home Service Co. we are your dehumidifier installation experts. Using the best systems and the smartest installation processes we can get your humidity levels at the ideal levels keeping your home comfortable in any season.
As your local heating and cooling experts, we offer a range of services including filter replacement and general maintenance!
Signs You Would Benefit from a Dehumidifier
It’s not always obvious that a dehumidifier could be a great asset to your home. Especially if you’ve already grown accustomed to the constant humidity, however, excess humidity can affect your home in a few different ways, including:
- The growth of mold: Mold should never be overlooked. If you notice a sudden growth of it in your home, it may be due to excessive moisture.
- You have poorly ventilated rooms in your home: Some homes are not made with ventilation in mind. This is especially true in instances where there are no windows in your home’s bathrooms. This can be a breeding ground for mold and other unfavorable substances.
- You notice a damp basement: If you walk down into your basement and notice unexplainable dampness, this could be caused by too much humidity in your home.
Dehumidifiers are a great asset to any home. By removing excess moisture from the air, your home is less susceptible to fungi and your AC unit no longer has to work overtime to remove humidity.
How to Tell a Dehumidifier Needs Repairs
Dehumidifiers aren’t built to last a lifetime, so it may be time to get a repair. If you notice any of the following, consider giving your trusted experts at Beltz Home Service Co. a call and arrange a consultation with a trained specialist.
- Loud noise: If your dehumidifier is making odd noises, that can be a sign that it’s time for a repair
- Weird odors: If you notice a weird smell coming from the system, it could be a result of dirty condenser coils which should be replaced immediately
- Leaking parts: If you’re experiencing leaks, this could mean that the float switch needs replacing
- Loss of power: If it refuses to turn on altogether, it is definitely time for it to be looked at by a professional
The comfort of your home is more than just cool air - it also has to do with humidity levels too. That’s why having a properly functioning dehumidifier can go a long way for your comfort. With a little help from our expert staff, we can make the most of your heating and cooling needs, without any cause for discomfort.
Find the Perfect Dehumidifier for Your Home
At Beltz Home Service Co., we want to help you have the best possible indoor air quality possible. That's why we partner with some of the most trusted brands in the industry. Give us a call to ask about installing a dehumidifier in your home from brands like Ruud, American Standard, and more.
Looking for additional ways to improve your indoor comfort? Be sure to ask our technicians about our indoor air quality services.
The Most Reliable Team For The Job!
No one should have to allow for humidity to affect the comfort of their own home. If this sounds like you, it may be time to think about investing in a dehumidifier or getting an old one repaired. At Beltz Home Service Co. we provide quality service to our clients and we can take care of all of your dehumidifier needs in the greater Findlay area. From new system installation to general maintenance and care, you can count on our HVAC contractors for help.