One of the biggest disasters that can occur to a homeowner is a major house fire. A house fire isn't just dangerous, but it can do serious damage to your home and all your possessions as well. That's why smoke detectors are so important. A quality smoke detector will ensure that someone knows that your house is on fire as quickly as possible. Smoke detectors age and wear out though, and if you aren't taking the time to replace them you can run into serious issues with your equipment over time. At Beltz Home Service Co. we help our customers test and replace their smoke detectors while upgrading to more reliable and safe equipment as well. As a family owned and operated business, we take safety serious - so let us be your partners for a safer home.
Add another layer of coverage to your home with a carbon monoxide detector installation. We take protecting your home and family serious!
Why Smoke Detectors Must Be Replaced
Even the best quality smoke detectors degrade over time and become less reliable. It's up to you to swap them out before they’ become a liability for your home. By swapping your smoke detectors every 5 years or so you'll enjoy the following benefits.
- To stay safe from fires
- They become unreliable over time
- To benefit from technology improvements
- Enjoy new modern alarm features
By working with our smoke detector installation services you can enjoy each of the above benefits and make your home as modern and safe as possible. Systems can be difficult to replace, but when you swap them out you'll improve the safety of your home as a result.
It’s also a good idea to have your detectors tested frequently. Whether they need a simple battery change or you have a wiring issue, you want to be sure they’re always working to keep your family safe.
Deciding on Wired or Wireless Smoke Detectors
When you decide to pay for smoke detector replacement you have to think about whether you want wired or wireless detectors throughout your home. Each has its own benefit, so it’s important to find the right system for your home.
- Wired Smoke Detectors: Wired units are more difficult to install, but they don't run on battery power most of the time and should offer you protection without having to worry about replacing batteries. Wired units are also often interconnected so when a fire starts in the basement you'll hear the alarm on the third floor of your home.
- Battery Powered Smoke Detectors: Wireless units are easier to install and can be added in more areas without worrying about running wires. Although they require batteries, they will still operate even during a power outage, oftentimes making them the safe choice for your home.
At Beltz Home Service Co. we work with your home in mind. By designing a system that works specifically for your home needs, you can ensure your comfort and safety.
Want to be sure your home is protected even during power outages? Be sure to ask our electricians how a whole home generator can add value to your home.
Call Us Today!
If you want to protect your home in the best way possible you should consider getting interconnected alarms when you pay for smoke detector installation. These can be wired or wireless, but they are designed to talk with one another. That means if you have a fire and one alarm goes off, they all go off.
It can be annoying during false alarms but it’s the best way to keep your family safe. At Beltz Home Service Co. we are a family owned and operated business. We take your safety seriously and always provide you with the best installation solutions for your home.