Our drainage system is like the veins of our home. From the bathroom to the kitchen, our drains help keep our water clean and allows our plumbing to operate. So when you deal with clogged drains that just won’t unclog, we understand the frustration. While some DIY savvy homeowners may attempt store-bought solutions, this can do more damage than good. Instead, give your trusted plumbing contractors over at Beltz Home Service Co. a call. We offer detailed and reliable drain cleaning services, and get to the source of your issues, helping you find a long-lasting solution that takes care of the issue the first time we come to your home.
Got a clog that’s deeper or more severe? We also offer hydro jetting services as the best way to remove those larger scale issues.
What’s Causing Your Clogged Drains?
In order to prevent future clogs, it’s important to know what causes a clog in the first place. By taking precautions, you can be less prone to clogged drains and avoid an annoying situation. Some of the more common causes include:
- Flushing Inappropriate Items: One of the most common causes of clogged drains is what gets flushed down the toilet. Feminine products, baby wipes, and too much toilet paper can all cause major blockages in your drain system.
- Improper Use Of Garbage Disposal: Garbage disposals are to prevent pieces of food from clogging the drain. However, when this system becomes overwhelmed with too much food or pieces that are too big, blockages can occur.
- Hair in the Shower: There’s a reason so many places sell mesh drain covers. Hair combined with soap and shampoo, can easily stick to your pipes and cause massive blockages throughout your plumbing.
- Tree Roots: When pipes get cracked, they’re an easy target for tree roots looking for a source of water. A good rule of thumb is to always avoid planting larger plants and trees near your main plumbing lines.
While you can't avoid all plumbing clogs, at the very least you can be proactive as a family in preventing them.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning or Repair
Most drainage issues are the result of blockages in the system. When your pipes are blocked, they are unable to properly drain, which can lead to a whole array of other issues. It’s common for most drain issues to exist several feet down the line, completely out of reach by a plunger. If you experience any of the following issues, it may time for a drain cleaning or repair.
- Water that is slow to drain or won’t drain at all
- Odd noises coming from drains
- Bad odor coming from drains
- Hard time flushing the toilet
- Backed up drain
If these symptoms sound familiar, it’s time to call the professionals. At Beltz Home Service Co. we take the time to thoroughly inspect your plumbing system. By finding the source of the blockage, we can provide you with a better solution, restoring the flow of water to your home the first time we come out.
Worried that your sewer lines may be to blame? Be sure to ask our plumbing contractors how sewer line services and inspections can help your home.
Leave It to the Professionals
At Beltz Home Service Co., we’ve been providing our clients with quality service can 2001. With 24/7 emergency service, upfront pricing, and satisfaction guaranteed, we are a team of experts you can trust and rely on! Whether you have a shower that won’t properly drain or a toilet that just won’t flush, we’re here to help.